How many of you have mastered the game of blackjack since we so graciously gave you our guide a couple weeks back? Now it’s time to spice it up a bit. We think ya’ll should try your luck at Single Deck Blackjack next.
Single Deck Blackjack is offered at Caesars Atlantic City, Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City, Showboat Atlantic City and Bally’s Atlantic City. The game rules for this one vary slightly depending on the state or casino, but we’re going to tell you how to play with us, k? In the simplest terms, you play this game exactly how you play regular blackjack, EXCEPT for the following rules:
- This game only uses one deck of cards….duh. Hence the name of the game.
- Dealer must always hit on a soft 17 and stand on a hard 17.
- Players can double down on any of their first two cards.
- Players can not double down after a split.
- Players can only split twice for a total of three hands.
- If a player splits a pair of Aces, he/she can only have one more card dealt to each. If player receives a 10 valued card here, play is classified as a 21, not a blackjack.
So how does that sound for you? Up for the challenge? Try it out at Caesars, Harrah’s Resort, Showboat or Bally’s! You might be a winner! Check back soon for a video game demonstration from one of our dealers!